Saturday, February 12, 2011

Kenya - February 2011

In our town of Eldoret it is hot, windy and dusty. My naturally tanned skin is tanned once more in the natural sunlight and heat. I normally have my nose covered when the dust blows like a whirlwind. Its not just the dust, but the exhaust fumes of motor vehicles cloud the atmosphere.
We have been busy in the ministry and most of the places we have visited are hot and dry. We see little children and woman walk with empty plastic containers .walking for miles to fetch water from streams or rivers. In the Turkana region and the North Eastern part of Kenya people are starving - no food and no water.
Lots of street children roaming the streets of Eldoret. I have never seen so many on the streets ever before.
Prices of food and other commodities have risen sharply. Our greedy and ruthless politicians are engaged in  a never-ending battle for power.
The story of the church is not good either. Too many false prophets and self-proclaimed apostles misleading the illiterate, innocent and the ignorant. Scripture is misinterpreted for personal gain. There seems to be no spiritual authority in Kenya at this point of time. God, have mercy, is my prayer !

The pastors conferences we hosted is bearing fruit. ICCM is trying to unite the pastors and churches in our little town of Eldoret. The Word has convicted many pastors who live in sin and we are seeing a revival in personal lives.

We have also gotten involved with the street kids in a small way. Apart from sharing the love of Jesus we have also involved ourselves in feeding them on occasion. As they see us walk on the streets they wave and are happy. We wave back and wish we could do something more.

This evening, pastor Shem and I visited the Nyayo ward at the main hospital in town. Many mothers were seated on the beds with their sick children. One child, about 3 years old is in the fourth stage of cancer. As I lay my hands on the child to pray I felt the heat radiating from the child's body. She is on chemo, and an oxygen tube helps her in breathing. She is so weak. We prayed for God's mercy on this child. The next child was a few months old and had some severe form of pneumonia. She looked so pale and 'not so lively'. We looked up to heaven for this child, and we prayed for the others. The mothers looked weary and tired; and hopelessness radiated from the eyes of many.  We thank God for the opportunity given to us to visit the sick children this day and to encourage the mothers. Interestingly the wards are cleaner and brighter.

Thank you for your prayers. Next week on the 18th (friday) I fly out to India for ministry.  I will be in the states of Karnataka, Kerala, Andhra, Maharashtra, and Punjab. Training of pastors and speaking in evangelistic meetings will be my main objective. I will be ministering to many first generation converts. Please keep me in your prayers.
Tomorrow, Sunday the 13th, pastor Christoper and I will be ministering at the ICCM church in the village of Soy. We have purchased some provision for the people. Almost all the people we minister in this area are very poor indeed.
Hey -we appreciate your prayers and support. The Lord shine His face upon you and give you peace.
Love you all.
O.M.

1 comment:

  1. GOD bless you Rev. Dr. O.M. I am praying for you from Kapsiratet, KENYA. I love the work you are doing and I know GOD will continue to bless you and provide for you every step of your journey! You are also welcome here in our village. ~ Pastor Chris

    ReplyDelete